Forum > Volunteering > Koyna-Chandoli Corridor

Posted by Susan Sharma on March 02, 2018

Wildlife Research and conservation Society (WRCS) has created a visionary program to scientifically green the conservation corridors of Koyna-Chandoli area. The area is about 4000 hectares in the buffer zone of Sahyadri Tiger Reserve.

Tree plantation is generally seen as a CSR program for Corporates who very often reduce it to a one day event.  Actual greening happens when seeds are collected after a study of the local area trees and after planning the activities after plantation to make sure the tree survives.  Successful tree plantation, as many devoted individuals have demonstrated with his/her lifelong commitment, cannot be an adhoc event. 

WRCS is now calling for volunteers from across India who can be part of their long term program by devoting at least one week at the site. Stay and food will be facilitated by WRCS at nominal costs.  Indianwildlifeclub is proud to be associated for recruiting the volunteers. 

WRCShave opportunities for small groups to volunteer on this project. Tree plantations require a steady workforce to maintain saplings, remove weeds, mulch young trees among other tasks. ​

Please note this opportunity will involve laborious physical work, and very basic food and accommodation. Apply only if you are up for this task.

Share this post:

Post your Comment

jitender says

March 19, 2018 at 04:39 AM

Appreciable effort WRCS !!
Best for that.

Though I couldn't volunteer.

Susan Sharma says

March 20, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Hi Jitinder,
Thank you for the comment. The program is ongoing and you can still volunteer. Please also spread the word among your friends.
Susan

amin sayyed says

May 20, 2018 at 07:46 AM

i am ready for this

amin sayyed says

May 20, 2018 at 07:47 AM

i am ready for this

Susan Sharma says

May 20, 2018 at 10:56 PM

Amin Sayyed, please fill in the online application to volunteer

http://indianwildlifeclub.com/Volunteer/Koyna/beAVolunteer.aspx

jayanthi nilakantan says

May 21, 2018 at 06:14 AM

I want to volunteer. Do you still need people? Could you tell me the dates please. I am a school teacher and need to plan a time when school is closed. Please advise.

Susan Sharma says

May 21, 2018 at 06:21 AM

Yes Jayanti,
we still need people. While applying you can give the dates convenient for you .

jayanthi nilakantan says

June 12, 2018 at 07:24 AM

I saw the application form and found that the age group is 18-50. I am 54 but very very keen to be part of this amazing project. As I am a school teacher, I can commit during my Diwali or mid-term break. Would you consider my application please?
Tree plantation is something I do on a smaller scale near my building in Mumbai.

Susan Sharma says

June 15, 2018 at 11:04 PM

Jayanti we can make an exception for you to volunteer. But we warned that some laborious work is involved.

Shubham Shivaji Shinde says

July 15, 2018 at 08:49 PM

Hello
Is koyna-chandoli program is currently ongoing ?
I'm free to join after 15th August.

Susan Sharma says

July 19, 2018 at 03:00 AM

Yes, Shubham the volunteering program is on and you can apply now.

Arunaa singh says

September 16, 2018 at 10:44 PM

I want to join your program I am physically fit ,can walk 10 to 12 km . I am a wild life and bird photographer .
I love nature, jungle,adventure .

Thanks
Arunaa singh

Dr.laxman says

September 17, 2018 at 02:23 AM

Sir, iam dr.laxman ,veterinary doctor, how to join..in this chance to make true

Susan Sharma says

September 17, 2018 at 07:03 AM

Arunaa singh and Dr. Laxman

Please send in your application. The link is

http://indianwildlifeclub.com/Volunteer/Koyna/volunteerApplication.aspx

soundaryavalli M.R says

September 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Hi,

I thought this activity is over in March !? If this is an ongoing activity, do kindly let me know if I can take part. I am beyond 50 yrs ; but I am fit, regular trekker, visit forests for surveys regularly and volunteer very frequently.

Susan Sharma says

September 17, 2018 at 09:48 PM

Sundaryavalli, please apply.

Download IWC Android app     IWC Android app

Copyright © 2001 - 2024 Indian Wildlife Club. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use

Website developed and managed by Alok Kaushik