Forum > nature/wildlife films > Open University Films

Posted by Susan Sharma on November 16, 2007

Open University Films

Here is an initiative by the Open University of Britain, well worth emulating by our own Indira Gandhi National Open University!

An epic journey across the length and breadth of Britain is continuing with The Nature of Britain, co-produced by The Open University and currently showing on BBC ONE, BBC TWO and BBC FOUR.

Presented by Alan Titchmarsh, The Nature of Britain concentrates on the unique ecology of different landscapes and eco-systems throughout the UK and the diverse behaviour of the animals and plants that live in them. During his journey, Alan shares his enthusiasm for the British wildlife, encouraging viewers to step outside and explore the natural history on their doorstep.

The series features eight key landscapes - Island; Farmland; Urban; Freshwater; Coastal; Woodland; Wilderness and Secret Britain. It paints a beautiful contemporary portrait of Britain’s wildlife and provides the definitive guide to The Nature of Britain.

"Wildlife is marvellous on TV but our local natural world is fascinating too. Every time I observe wildlife I see something - a plant, an animal, a pattern of behaviour, which I have not seen before. You don’t have to be a zoologist to experience this and the series shows some of the special things right on our doorsteps. The regional films will be great for informing viewers of what they can do locally to experience the natural world themselves and of how they can make a difference."

Source:  http://www.prweb.com/pingpr.php/SG9yci1FbXB0LVNpbmctSG9yci1UaGlyLVplcm8=

Share this post:

Post your Comment

Download IWC Android app     IWC Android app

Copyright © 2001 - 2024 Indian Wildlife Club. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use

Website developed and managed by Alok Kaushik