Post on Forum |
My Forum Contribution |
May 31, 2010
Post your Comment
June 09, 2010
Please send more details. You can upload a trailer on you tube and send the link too.
Mohamed Sheik Ravuthar
March 15, 2011
Why are pugmarks important?
1. Pugmarks are recorded whenever an animal moves through the jungle over suitable ground.
2. Pugmarks are easy to find indirect evidence of an animal’s presence.
3. With some basic training and an honest approach, the information contained in the pugmarks can be easily recorded through traces and plaster casts for analysis at a higher level.
4. If analyzed skillfully and honestly, pugmarks can provide reliable data of:
5. Presence of different species in the area of study.
* Population of large cats.
* Sex ratio of large cats.
* Identification of individual animals. The greater the skill, the greater the accuracy. This forms the basis for estimating tiger and leopard populations.