Forum > Eco-tour > Budget Tour to Kanha National Park

Posted by Uday on September 02, 2016

The charisma of tiger is unparalleled, especially whence right through the childhood the animal has been a mythical figure always prevalent in your thoughts.  As you grow up the tiger becomes real, bigger and bigger, and you yearn to see it..at least once in lifetime.   

Please show me the tiger at least once that is what tourists from far off land say to me as a naturalist guide. “I promise my best,” is all that I can say.” 

I do not wish guests from far away to go away without seeing the tiger. For some it could one and only trip due to time, cost constraints and other places on the wishlist.  But let me tell you, in spite of all my efforts some tourists do go back without seeing the elusive big cat. It is impossible to beat the tiger every time come what people say.  But among the few unlucky ones many are able to come back or some have seen the tiger elsewhere.  That gives me solace. 

Not all inbound or Indian tourists are rich but they still yearn to see the tiger and all the wonderful animals.But for many budget tour is the only recourse to this wonderful experience.  So here is how we will make possible this tiger safari. 

Kanha National Park is a biodiversity hub and amazing terrain full of enchanting landscapes. You just lose your amid the magical and esoteric surroundings. 

Photography amateur or professional will store your memory for ever. Only professional filming equipments that are charged whence they carry special permission to make a documentary. Hence do not carry one if you are not making a film.     

You can travel to Jabaplur by  overnight rails which are not as pricey as the flights.  Also travel by local bus from the nearest destination Jabalpur to Kanha, bus ride though uncomfortable cost much less. I do it many times whence on assignments and am still fighting fit. He!He!       

If you look for accommodation online, you will find luxury hotels, a stay in one of these cost a nose. Hence search for budget hotels and you will find a few.

Nevertheless since on budget you will not be traveling on holidays and the busy New Year period, so you arrive here and get an accommodation in the hotel that suits your purse.  

Usually economy hotels have their own restaurant, but there are independent ones which offer a cheaper fare as well. The food is good, only you have to eat it hot..the curries I mean. Even on economy do not drink local water since you do not have immunity to local pathogens. Drink mineral water which is well sanitized.       

To make an expedition in park, both in the morning and evening, you need to book gate entry or ticket as it is called in general lingo. The State Government of Madhya Pradesh has made some changes in the reservation system at Kanha...in fact in all the popular reserves that are within.

Hence on budget stay reserve your ticked early on the booking system at MP Online website. This site is owned by MP Government since only it can issue a permit. Kanha is under the jurisdiction of the MP State Government. 

Whence confirming the ticket online book the single ticket. In this category you have to pay only for yourself presuming you are traveling solo. Other tourists will automatically be enrolled till the figure reaches six. Hence in this case the permit/ticket cost will be shared.

You need to hire an open jeep for excursions each time. On single ticket you need not worry since the jeep hire would be divided equally among all riders. 

Another option  if you have missed it online you approach the current window at the gate. This issue current tickets that are available under its twenty percent quota plus those which have not been booked or cancelled online.  At the current window you can opt for sharing the excursion and jeep ride.  This will fetch your cost down further.  I am sure you will be able to enjoy the park in less money.      

Whence online for Kanha accommodation booking you can ask the hotel management to get the ticket for you. This will save you lot of trouble. The hotelier naturally will do a good job for all prerequisites.    

Share this post:

Post your Comment

MeoTrips says

August 08, 2023 at 12:22 AM

Visit the "Golden City" of India, Jaisalmer, and experience its entrancing charm on one of our carefully curated trips. Located in the heart of the Thar Desert, the city of Jaisalmer is a veritable treasure chest of history, captivating architecture, and vibrant culture. Come with us as we show you around this magical place, famous for its golden dunes and elaborate mansions. Visit http://meotrips.com/jaisalmer-tour-packages/ for additional details.

Download IWC Android app     IWC Android app

Copyright © 2001 - 2024 Indian Wildlife Club. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use

Website developed and managed by Alok Kaushik