Reuse and Recycle

An appeal through visuals to recycle our solid waste responsibly

Posted by Susan Sharma on June 18, 2016

Forum Post

"Mother earth is a temple, not a dustbin" screamed a notice board in a tea shop at Varkala beach, Kerala.  The plastic, thermocol, Styrofoam etc which we so carelessly throw away, finally lands up in the ocean, carried by rain, rivers etc.

The short video I put together on World Oceans Day,  portrays the simmering anger of the oceans through the incessant beating of the Dhol.

Watch it at

Oceans and Us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXDcWYK9_oI

When I write "plastic" and hit the search button on  http://IndianwildlifeClub.com, I get a few pages of results.  Here are a few random one liners from those results, which sum up our plastic malady.

"Major cause of floods was Mumbai’s plastic bags choking the city’s drainage system."

"Storm-water drains choked with ubiquitous plastic carry bags are partly responsible for Mumbai's woes."

"The Maharashtra government announced the decision to ban the use of plastic bags across the state after reviewing the situation."

"A landmark 1990 study by the research firm Franklin Associates—says

Plastic is not biodegradable, it litters our waterways and coastal areas, and has been shown to choke the life out of unsuspecting wildlife."

"The leather-back turtle feeds almost exclusively on jellyfish and cannot distinguish between plastic bags and jelly fish"

Fish and sea birds have been choking on plastic litter

And now, we have the Bengal tiger holding up a plastic cement bag left out near a water hole, as if to ask what am I supposed to do with this?

Watch this terrible episode we were witness to at the link

Sharmilee, Virat and Pandit - Corbett National Park 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkea2m2gJow

Let us empower the rag picker who helps recycle bio-degradable waste.

If we go by road to Corbett National Park, you have to pass a place called Kashipur.  Here, for miles at a stretch, we see plastic gunny bags, just like the one our tiger is carrying.  These are filled with more plastic and more bio degradable stuff.  They seem to be piled on the road sides for ever awaiting disposal/recycling. 

Empower the waste recycling factories and give them visibility before we drown ourselves in plastic waste.

Travel

Plan a road trip from New Delhi to Jaipur and Agra

Posted by Pratap Singh on May 20, 2016

Forum Post

So you from Delhi? And want to enjoy the most popular road trip of Golden Triangle? The check out our tips on how to plan a road trip from New Delhi to Jaipur and Agra.

Hire a car - When you have an adventurous bent of mind, a well-planned road trip can accentuate the travel enthusiast in you.  However, planning a road trip always involves friends in groups so that you can enjoy the trip at its best. If you want to enjoy a good road trip, it is better always to hire a good condition car from the local travel agency. For instance, if you are traveling from Delhi, get in touch with the local tour operator and select a well-maintained SUV or a big sedan car like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire or the Toyota Etios. No matter where you plan to visit, whether it is Jaipur or Agra, it will only take you around 4 to 5 hours of drive from Delhi.

So for Agra we suggest our guests to either go for a Same day Agra tour in a car like Dzire or Innova. And of you are traveling via train then you should contact a local car rental Agra operator.

Pink City Jaipur - It will take you 5 hours to drive to Jaipur from New Delhi. The best time to start driving is in the morning so that you can reach the Pink City by lunch hours. Have an excellent Rajasthani cuisine meal and retire for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening, it is time to explore the city at its best. Go for a "group night tour" at various interesting tourist destinations like the Hawa Mahal, City Palace and the Jantar Mantar, which are all in close vicinity to each other.

When in Jaipur, you just cannot miss visiting the magnificent Amber Fort. Located atop a hill, it is one o fthe most popular tourist destinations in Jaipur. Enjoy a superior light and sound show at the Amber Fort in the evening and finally reach the Choki Dhani at dinner time to enjoy yet another sumptuous Rajasthani cuisine that is simply mouthwatering in taste.

The next day, enjoy a trip to the Jaigarh Fort and also to the famous Jal Mahal. If you are fond of cultural programs, in the evening, you can also head towards the Samode Haveli for a fun filled and exciting cultural program. And with this you have now explored complete Jaipur with a nice Jaipur sightseeing Package.

Day 3 in Agra - Your next leisure destination is Agra, which can be traveled straight from Jaipur. The first place that you can visit once you reach Agra is the Taj Mahal. It is imperative to say that Taj stands tallest among all the remaining tourist spots in Agra. It is the only love memorial in the world that fetches people from different parts of the globe simply for a glimpse of the impressive structure.

Once you have soaked in the purity and the beauty of the Taj Mahal, you can head towards the Agra Fort, which is around 60 km away from the Taj Mahal. There are also the Akbar’s Tomb and the Mehtab Bagh, and the Ram Bagh that is worth exploring. Stay overnight at one of the hotels and in the morning visit Fatehpur Sikri for studying an excellent example of Mughal Empire luxurious life.

Once all these places are covered, your road trip from Delhi to Jaipur and Agra comes to an end in just four days.

Travel

A trip of Wildlife explorotation at Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary New Delhi

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 29, 2016

Forum Post
Me and my gand decided to share a story here at indianwildlifeclub.com that even is India's biggest urban city wildlife exists. Yes in New Delhi we might not have a big national park like Ranthambore Tiger Reserve but there are some green spaces which a wildlife lover might find attractive to visit.

So lets get started with Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary

At Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary one can escape the urbanest of New Delhi and see a large variety of birds and animals like 200+ species of birds, 100 butterflies species, jungle cat, jackals, blackbuck, nilgai and most popular & my favorite black-naped hare which is also referred as Indian hare.

Along with this there is CEC (Conservation Education Center) & Bombay Natural History Society has a small presentation for visitors which educate on Flora & Fauna of Arvalli and also teaches how to conserve it.

Most guests here which I noticed were families with small children and I also met with a family who run a nice hotel in south Delhi by the name of Hotel GTC who told us that this sanctuary is perfect for those who wants to educate their children about the importance of wildlife. Good thought.

We visited the Sanctuary in April which is pretty hot. So I will suggest that the best months to spend a day here is in Winters of New Delhi which are from the months of September to February. Plus I will also suggest to carry extra bottles of water as this is an eco-zone so you won't find much options of water bottles inside the park.

For travelers who are especially visiting Delhi to explore Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, accommodation option nearby are Greater Kailash or Noida. And if you want any extra information then feel free to comment of share this post on Twitter along with @jsc_999, I will love to assist.

Eco-tour

An eco tour at Lohagarh Fort Resort Kukas Jaipur

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 25, 2016

Forum Post

In one of our previousposts here we shared that in Jaipur elephant safari has brought many travellersclose to the life of an elephant as after the ele-safari tour they came to knowabout a few thing on elephants which they would have never thought.

And todaywe just find out a eco-friendly resort near the elephant safari tour place bythe name of Lohagarh fort resort. Now we are writing about this resort as ithas proven that eco-tourism can be a real earning luxury business and they haveproved it.

Now Lohagarhfort resort is a 12-acre area which was previously dead part near Aravallihills (Kukas) and team Lohagarh invest their time and money to convert thiswaste land into lush green gardens. The first developed 5 cottages along with apool and restaurant which they later added 6 more cottages, 2 tree houses and afew Swiss tents and a nice bar.

Well youcan say that what’s the big deal? Now the big deal here is that none of thesecottages, tree house etc, has plastic and everything here is natural ororganic. Like the walls of the cottages is made up of white stone with low useof cement, not even a single interior or furniture has plastic or lead and theyhave created 80% of the resort as green zone, highest one can have in anyresort in Rajasthan.

So whenyou enter this place there is a cave like entry which is like 200-300 mts andleads you to their restaurant. From there you can see the pool and the treehouses. One thing which I really like that their pool have a shape of smalllake which is quite unique and the rope which they have added above is awesome.

The walklike 100 mts and you will find your cottages and a few mts ahead is their SwissTent. A walk of the complete resort will definitely shed a few pounds.

So do visit Lohagarh FortResort in Jaipur Rajasthan and do checkout their tree house and suites beforebooking them.

Travel

Jaisalmer Wildlife and tourism are going hand in hand

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 18, 2016

Forum Post
Since 2010 the government of Rajasthan has taken some actions to promote eco tourism in many cities which are famous for their wildlife like Ranthambore and now the government have also declared national parks as eco-sensitive zones which means that one can't construct permanent accommodation in jungle area.

This policy isn't just for national parks with green forest but also for the sand dunes of Jaisalmer which after this decision has implemented new ideas to promote tourism with innovative ideas. So in this post I would love to share a view of eco tourism of Jaisalmer which is attracting many to visit the sand dunes of Sam from October to March every year.

1. Desert Camps - More the 100 camps have been set in Sam region and not just Swiss tents, here we have small restaurants offering local food, musical program from local dancers and bonfire events. All those events are mostly seen in Jungle camps and now are available in desert camps too. A wise example is to check this site on Jaisalmer Desert Camps and Jaisalmer Desert Tents at Sam which offer desert camp accommodation, nice dinner and an awesome musical evening at Sam sand dunes.

Suggested site to view more on desert camping in Sam sand dunes, Jaisalmer is Jaisalmer desert tent, Dangri Jaisalmer desert camp and Khiri desert camp.

2. Desert Safari - Well as you have jungle safari in national parks we have desert safari in desert dune areas. One can either enjoy a 30 mins to 2 hour camel safari or an hour ride in Jeep safari. Plus if you are one of those travelers who love to walk then a trekking trip to the sand dunes will be a new experience.

3. Nearby attractions - Well Sam is just 45 kms away from Jaisalmer and I must say that the road conditions here are excellent. So one can either explore many tourist spots of Jaisalmer like Golden fort, Gadisar lake or visit the haunted city of Khuldhara which is in between Sam and Jaisalmer.

4. Best time to visit Sam - From the months of April to September the weather is very hot in Sam as it touches 55 and there are also some sand storms which no travelers wants to experience. So October to March are perfect for a Jaisalmer holiday.

For more information one can contact local desert camps sites as they can offer more details which one needs if they are planning to spend a holiday in Sam & Jaisalmer.

Tiger Task Force Report

Tiger Conservation

Posted by Susan Sharma on April 14, 2016

Forum Post
.....what most agencies in the government are silent on are the pressures of a developing economy on tiger habitats within the country. Most tiger corridors that are vital for the big cat to move out and colonize other areas are under immense threat, such as Kanha-Pench in Madhya Pradesh or the road that has destroyed the link from Kaziranga to Karbi Anglong in Assam.

All of these corridors are under siege from projects to build highways, canals and thermal power plants. If India’s tiger reserves were kept well-connected through a network of corridors, then lakhs of rupees would not have to be spent on reintroduction programmes. Tigers would naturally recolonize other areas meant for them. But that’s the elephant in the room that everyone wants to ignore......

Read more at 
http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/zmlFVaVsiDP5oEV7Gr9U2O/Should-India-be-sharing-its-tigers-with-Cambodia.html

Travel

Explore the luxury & wildlife of royal state of Rajasthan

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 13, 2016

Forum Post
Rajasthan, a term when someone speaks of we get ideas like Hawa Mahal, Amber fort and other royal castles. But not many know that Rajasthan also has a strong wildlife tourism which the state offers by its National Parks, State Zoo's and safari tours (elephant)

So today we (me and my friends from Chetarm Voyages who assist travelers in exploring Rajasthan with their tour packages) share some amazing destinations which a wildlife lover would love to see.

1. Ranthambore National Park tour

Open all year except the rainy days, Ranthambore national park is a heaven for wildlife travelers to explore the forest which has largest tiger population in India, Leopards, Nilgai, Sambar deer, Chinkara, Jackals, Black bucks and more more.

The national park very well connected with popular urban cities like New Delhi (a 4 hour train ride), Jaipur (a 2-3 hour train ride), Kota, Agra etc. As we can tell by experience that travelers who buytour packages to visit Jaipur from us are also interested to visit Ranthambore as they just require one extra day.

Ranthambore National Park also has some other tourist attractions like the Ranthambore Fort which got famous after a few documentaries done by Discovery channel and there also also some local famous temples of Ganpathi where one can visit for god’s blessing.

2. Desert National Park of Thar

Thar or thar desert is 18th largest oasis if the world and it comes in both Rajasthan (India) and Pakistan side. But the one in India has develop a unique national park which is a dry desert area but surprisingly contains vast variety of birds and fossils of dinosaurs dates almost 6 million years.

The Thar Desert National Park comes in Jaisalmer district which currently is a hot tourist destination (Hot weather and hot as per tourist numbers). The city of Jaisalmer offers such un-touched heritage like old havelies, massive forts that travelers love to explore Jaisalmer. We know as because as per our number 60% of people planning to visit Rajasthan wants to look at thedetails of our Jaisalmer holiday tour package.

3. Other National Parks of Rajasthan.

So of the major parks have been discussed but still Rajasthan has many other parks like -
  1. Sariska National Park, Alwar
  2. Sita Mata Sanctuary, Pratapgarh
  3. Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary , Bharatpur
  4. Keladevi Wildlife Sanctuary, Karauli
  5. Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumbhalgarh
  6. National Chambal Wildlife Sanctuary, Kota
  7. Darrah Sanctuary, Kota
  8. Mount Abu Sanctuary, Mount Abu

Making a total of 10 wildlife national Parks in Rajasthan. And the best time to explore these attractions in September to March as they weather is quite calm in these months.

Travel

A Trip to desert wildlife of Jaisalmer and Sam

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 13, 2016

Forum Post
Well the term wildlife mostly brings jungle and green regions in our mind as famous wildlife parks in India are Ranthambore National Park, Jim Corbett National park etc and they all have one thing in common. They are all forest area.

But today I want to share my experience of India's only desert wildlife national park. Its Desert National Park at Sam Jaisalmer.

The national park is like 20% of complete Sam sand dune area and thats comes to a figure of 3162 sq Km. The desert national park is mostly made up of craggy rocks and sand dunes but one will be surprised to see the type of birds visible in the park.

At the park one can see Short-toed eagles, falcons, vultures, buzzards and kestrel plus the park also have fossils of dinosaurs which ate almost 6-7 million year old and plants which are 180 million year old.

Sam regions nowadays has become a popular tourist destination for travelers seeking adventure activities like paragliding, quad bikes and all of these are offered by locals who have created many desert camps in Sam. Some notables ones are Royal Desert Camp, Rajputana Desert Tents Jaisalmer and Maharaja Camps.

Plus travelers can also enjoy musical programs in these camps like Rajasthani folk dance and also taste local prepared cuisine.

Just 45 kms from Sam we have the city of Jaisalmer which is also referred as the golden city of India as the Jaisalmer fort, which was once the home of Jaisalmer royalty is made up of yellow sand rocks and it shines when sunlight comes on it.

For more information of Jaisalmer once can check this list by https://www.tripadvisor.in/Attractions-g297667-Activities-Jaisalmer_Rajasthan.html

Eco-tour

My two favorite places in Rajasthan to come close to India Elephant and Tiger

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 11, 2016

Forum Post
Hi to all. I am Pratap Singh from Jaipur and I operate a small cab firm name Rajputana Cabs which assist travelers in exploring Jaipur & complete state of Rajasthan by renting cars in Jaipur, offering taxi from Jaipur to Ajmer & complete state. As this is my 1st post on Indian Wildlife Club, I have chosen Eco-tour as the category as I want to share amazing destinations near Jaipur and in whole Rajasthan where one can go and enjoy a family or friend wildlife eco-tour. Along with this I also want to share the advantages locals (who live near or in the wildlife regions) gets which return favor the natural state of these National Parks.

So 1st those destinations which one can choose for Safari.

1. Elephant Safari at Nahargarh Sanctuary Jaipur - Every one knows about the elephant ride of Amber fort in Jaipur but not all know that there is a small forest sanctuary in Jaipur which is now famous for Elephant safari. Its Nahargarh Sanctuary and here one can enjoy a 2-3 hour elephant ride of the park and also gather lots of information about the life of Indian elephants.

This small imitative of elephant safari started in 2009 and now its welcoming more than 500 travelers every day to enjoy this small trip which in return has given jobs to many elephant owners and especially to old elephants which were tagged as retired from Amber fort duty.

2. Ranthambore National Park - Almost every wildlife enthusiast knows about the tigers national park of Ranthambore and especially the media attention of a man eating tiger name Ustad. If not thencheck this link from Indian express.

Keep man eaters apart Ranthambore has become a global renown Tiger national park which is rated as the best sanctuary of Tigers in India. At Ranthambore many photographers were able to take fine images of Tiger able to hunt in water which even featured in TV documentaries of National Geographic. Here is the youtube version of the movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDGNFdu37k4

And there are some wildlife destinations in Rajasthan but no one gets more attention these 2. But stil they are worth seeing and the best way to do that is by visiting the royal state of Rajasthan.

Snakes

Snake Tongs

Posted by JEETEKNO on April 05, 2016

Forum Post

Snake Tongs 36 Inches

SNAKE TONG 36 INCHES. BLUE COLOR.Wide Jaw design.Rubber coated top Jaw.Completely hidden Wire Cable not Exposed.Polished Aluminum Handle and Jaw.Designed to handle Snakes and other Reptiles safely.25 Inches from Handle to Jaw.Stainless Steel Cable.Thicker Aluminum shaft. Wide Jaw for more Humane Handling. The wider jaw covers more surface area unlike the standard jaw tongs which can get in between the ribs. The wider surface area ensures that the jaws wont get in between individual ribs which ensures comfort and safety for the animal, resulting in a much calmer and less agitated animal.Hand Contoured Pistol Grip Handle.Spring Loaded Jaw for precise pressure.The Rubberized top, along with the polished bottom half of the jaws prevent the snake from sliding through. Essentially you can keep the snake in position by applying minimal pressure, which also keeps the animal in a much calmer state.Professional Grade Tongs.This design of tongs is the best technology available on the market for safely handling snakes humanely.BLUE Colored Tube.

Visit www.jeetekno.com

http://www.jeetekno.com