1. The greenhouse gases in the atmosphere act like what part of the greenhouse?
the framethe doorthe glass
2. Of the following peoples, which are currently being affected the most by increasing temperatures?
Latin AmericansAustralian AboriginesThe Eskimos
3. How many years does the great barrier reef have before it is destroyed, according to scientists?
100 years50 years30 years
4. According to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the average global temperature has risen ……
2.5+ or - 0.2degree centigrade1.6+ or - 0.2degree centigrade 0.6+ or - 0.2degree centigrade
5. The most prominent emission of green house gases are………
Carbon monoxide and OctaneCFC and Sulphur DioxideCarbon Dioxide and Methane
6. Places on earth where carbon dioxide is produced and removed are called ………
reservoirs and holessprings and drainssources and sinks
7. Increasing temperatures are the result of………..
green house effectincreased solar activityincrease in desert regions
8. Global warming describes an increase in the average temperature of the earth’s………….
9. Where are some early signs of a global warming phenomenon being observed?
IndonesiaThe ArcticEquatorial Africa
10. Which of these species had a shift in its gene pool in response to global warming?
Great Land Crabs-they deepened their underground homes to reach a cooler temperature.Orcas-They changed their colouration to absorb less sunshineRed Squirrels- they moved their breeding time 18 days earlier during the last 10 years