The last date of application has been extended to 10th June 2012
Courses offered (Click on the links for further details)
Leadership Course in Biodiversity Conservation
Basic Course in Entomology
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on the online Environmental program offered by BNHS
1. The course is conducted from Mumbai office however since it is a online course anyone can enroll for the same. Apart from the inaugural and wrap-up camp which are held in Mumbai, all the other course activities can be done at your place. You just have to
travel to Mumbai only for two weekends once in June 2012 for the inaugural camp and then in May 2013 for the wrap-up camp.
2. Local Day Trips: There are 8 day-trips planned throughout the year. Students are expected to attend 5 trips on compulsorily basis to receive full grades. Outstation students have a facility to do the day trip at a forest patch nearby their place.
3. Field Camps: There are 5 camps organized throughout the year. Out of five camps Students are expected to attend 3 camps on compulsorily basis to receive full grades. In these three camps students are expected to attend the Inaugural and Wrap-up camps on
compulsorily basis. In case of the third camp students also have facility of attending BNHS membership camps as per their convenience.
4. Following are the camps scheduled for the course:
30 June-1 July 2012 : Inaugural Camp at Mumbai (compulsory)
25-26 May 2012 : Wrap-up camp at Mumbai (compulsory)
Participation in one of the following camp is compulsory:
14-16 September 2012: Mahableshwar, Maharashtra
24-28 September 2012: Chakrata, Uttarakhand
27-28 October 2012 : Malshej, Maharashtra
27th October to 1st November 2012 : Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh
8-12 April 2012: Bhagsu, Himachal Pradesh
5. Regarding the chat sessions they are scheduled on weekends from 6p.m. to 7 p.m. as per the availability of the SME.
6. Contact details of BNHS
“Bombay Natural History Society, Conservation Education Center, Near Film City, Goregaon (East), Mumbai- 400065. Telephone: 9594929107 / 9594929107. Email:email@example.com