Eco-tour

Budget Tour to Kanha National Park

Posted by Uday on September 02, 2016

Forum Post

The charisma of tiger is unparalleled, especially whence right through the childhood the animal has been a mythical figure always prevalent in your thoughts.  As you grow up the tiger becomes real, bigger and bigger, and you yearn to see it..at least once in lifetime.   

Please show me the tiger at least once that is what tourists from far off land say to me as a naturalist guide. “I promise my best,” is all that I can say.” 

I do not wish guests from far away to go away without seeing the tiger. For some it could one and only trip due to time, cost constraints and other places on the wishlist.  But let me tell you, in spite of all my efforts some tourists do go back without seeing the elusive big cat. It is impossible to beat the tiger every time come what people say.  But among the few unlucky ones many are able to come back or some have seen the tiger elsewhere.  That gives me solace. 

Not all inbound or Indian tourists are rich but they still yearn to see the tiger and all the wonderful animals.But for many budget tour is the only recourse to this wonderful experience.  So here is how we will make possible this tiger safari. 

Kanha National Park is a biodiversity hub and amazing terrain full of enchanting landscapes. You just lose your amid the magical and esoteric surroundings. 

Photography amateur or professional will store your memory for ever. Only professional filming equipments that are charged whence they carry special permission to make a documentary. Hence do not carry one if you are not making a film.     

You can travel to Jabaplur by  overnight rails which are not as pricey as the flights.  Also travel by local bus from the nearest destination Jabalpur to Kanha, bus ride though uncomfortable cost much less. I do it many times whence on assignments and am still fighting fit. He!He!       

If you look for accommodation online, you will find luxury hotels, a stay in one of these cost a nose. Hence search for budget hotels and you will find a few.

Nevertheless since on budget you will not be traveling on holidays and the busy New Year period, so you arrive here and get an accommodation in the hotel that suits your purse.  

Usually economy hotels have their own restaurant, but there are independent ones which offer a cheaper fare as well. The food is good, only you have to eat it hot..the curries I mean. Even on economy do not drink local water since you do not have immunity to local pathogens. Drink mineral water which is well sanitized.       

To make an expedition in park, both in the morning and evening, you need to book gate entry or ticket as it is called in general lingo. The State Government of Madhya Pradesh has made some changes in the reservation system at Kanha...in fact in all the popular reserves that are within.

Hence on budget stay reserve your ticked early on the booking system at MP Online website. This site is owned by MP Government since only it can issue a permit. Kanha is under the jurisdiction of the MP State Government. 

Whence confirming the ticket online book the single ticket. In this category you have to pay only for yourself presuming you are traveling solo. Other tourists will automatically be enrolled till the figure reaches six. Hence in this case the permit/ticket cost will be shared.

You need to hire an open jeep for excursions each time. On single ticket you need not worry since the jeep hire would be divided equally among all riders. 

Another option  if you have missed it online you approach the current window at the gate. This issue current tickets that are available under its twenty percent quota plus those which have not been booked or cancelled online.  At the current window you can opt for sharing the excursion and jeep ride.  This will fetch your cost down further.  I am sure you will be able to enjoy the park in less money.      

Whence online for Kanha accommodation booking you can ask the hotel management to get the ticket for you. This will save you lot of trouble. The hotelier naturally will do a good job for all prerequisites.    

Bird Watching

All That Birding In India Has To Offer: How To Choose

Posted by Uday on September 01, 2016

Forum Post

With more than 1300 species the country contains 13 percent of the  World’s birds. If the sub species are brought into picture the figure reaches 2000. The diverse topography with four different zoo geographical regions and varying altitude the richness is bound to be.  

Birding destinations in the country become popular whence a large number of tour operators promote a region. In the present times Bharatpur is like Taj Mahal of India a must visit for the birders. This is followed by Pangot, Sat Tal, Eagle’s Nest, Munnar, Western Ghat, Dandeli, Rann of Kutch, Chail to name a few. 

Nevertheless, the destinations abound but some are not well promoted by the tour operators.  But they due twist the itinerary in order to bring more under the scope. In Northern India Chambal River Sanctuary is becoming popular for reptilian life and its amazing birds. 

With plethora of birding destinations it becomes confusing where to go and what to see. The circuit in India is chalked out as North, West, East and South the itineraries also include ancient monuments and tiger reserves in the vicinity. 

Another region in the heartland is Central India or Madhya Pradesh which is not popular with the organizers. The primary reason with this region is abundance of tiger reserves which shifts the focus on the majestic carnivores. But the little known fact is the widespread prevalence avian species here.

All tiger reserves are fantastic birding destinations and contain no less than 200 plus species. Besides the shift in focus the dense vegetation also mars the visibility of the avian species and hence increases the strain.  But nevertheless many hobbyists arrive to the tiger reserves to watch the birds both in winters and summers.     

Gujarat is another upcoming birding destination with Rann of Kutch requiring no elaboration. Short birding trips can also be made to Gir the abode of Asiatic Lions, Velavadar, Thol and Nalsarovar near Ahmadabad. Gir National Park is a fantastic destination with almost three hundred species to watch.   

For regular visitors to India choosing destinations is no problem since they can always chalk out the target species and visit. For those who are not going to visit the country again and again the best thing is to make a list of targeted  birds. This will help chalking out the itinerary. They can take help of Indian birding tour organizers for selecting the places and making travel arrangements.  
|
Most of the places in the country are  easily approachable with sound tourism infrastructure. Going to off the beaten track is only possible whence you are in touch with major trip organizers or individuals interested in birding. 

Travel

Golden City jaisalmer

Posted by tourjaisalmer on July 11, 2016

Forum Post

Jaisalmer; the name right away sparks the impressive sight of the vibrant top quality of Ghoomar dance, the entrancing Thar Desert, vibrant sand hills, the thrilled track of Rasor, and also Finder Quila. It is this unstoppable country majesty and design that makes Jaisalmer a standout among the most exciting visitor locations in Rajasthan. Established by the renowned Rajput leader Rawal Jaisal, the "Golden City" is a thrilled mix of a fascinating past and also reducing side cosmopolitan way of life. The town continues to be as a glad statement of the divine blog posts and also royal residences, delegated with yellow-colored sandstone that includes an appeal as well as grandness to the area. Apart from the grand splendor and also style quality, Jaisalmer is a standout among the most crucial trading focuses in Rajasthan find jaisalmer tourist package.

With jaisalmer tourism bundles, you can check out the most noticeable spots which are provided listed below:

- Jaisalmer Fort
- Sam sand ridge
- Gadsisar Lake
- The Jain Temple
- Folklore Gallery
- Patwon ki Haveli
- Khuri sand hill

Royal Adventure Tours supplies jaisalmer traveling package deals for their tourists. Notwithstanding camel safari, eating out, shopping, touring, and also enterprise video games are the best destinations for the site visitors.

Jaisalmer Wedding celebration
When it is wedding event in Jaisalmer, it should be amazing in real sense. Being the location where there is acclaimed Rajput leaders and also rulers, the city emits a renowned wealth that is ideal shown in occasion wedding celebration in Jaisalmer. To draw out the most effective for encouraging wedding event functions, there are a great deal of dinner lobbies and also venues in Jaisalmer that decorates flawlessly to show the elegance as well as charm of a stately wedding. The resorts right here are frequently an excellent decision for wedding celebration couples to have an occasion wedding celebration solution. They contain awe inspiring dish hallways that can be ideal made use of for a fantastic wedding as a part of Jaisalmer. With our tour plans jaisalmer and also world class facilities and also immaculate companies, your dream wedding would certainly work out as expected in the most amazing method with luxury hospices and also resorts in Jaisalmer Book jaisalmer desert safari package.

Read More tour packages jaisalmer

Eco-tour

Snippets from Gokarna: India’s Best Kept Secret Beach?

Posted by madhushri on July 03, 2016

Forum Post

Since I moved to Manipal in 2012, I have explored more beaches than ever before! I have always loved the sea because I believe, it lets you find your soul. For further clarity you might like to take  Travel Lessons; Find your soul, what are you, by my favorite teacher- The Sea!

Ever since I developed a beautiful relationship with the ocean, I have been on a voyage to discover pristine, undisturbed beach destinations from Gujarat in the North-west, to Kerala in the South-west. I have explored Puducherry in 2015, on the East coast and have been to West Bengal in 2008 but never have I come across something as unique as Gokarna. Gokarna is that place where your body and mind get the much deserved break from the daily hustle and bustle of life! So whenever I feel like relaxing in the arms of wavy blue waters- Gokarna it is with no second thought!

I pen this as my flight takes off and flies over the Indian Ocean. So here’s a soulful photo journey of this secret beach in India-

Read more on my blog:

Also let's connect on: FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Eco-tour

Ecotourism- A way for you to have your cake and eat it too!

Posted by madhushri on July 03, 2016

Forum Post
The Ecotourism Society (TES) defines ecotourism as “responsible travel to natural areas which conserves the environment and sustains the well-being of local people.”  On 17th and 18th of Oct a group of nature enthusiasts from Bangalore, Mysore and Coimbatore flocked together to explore the Annamalai hills in Tamil Nadu. The relationship between human beings and nature is so beautiful that anyone as young as 5 or as old as 50 years can experience and enjoy it. You need not be 21 to fall in love, just set out on an exploration in the forests and feel the magic!

Read more on my blog

Let's stay connected on: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Travel

A complete guide of Jaisalmer desert safari tour

Posted by Pratap Singh on June 19, 2016

Forum Post

Every tourist city in the world has its unique tale to tell, and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan is one such city that has numerous stories to tell to the world.

Apart from the royals of the bygone era,Jaisalmer is also home to unequal beauty and valor that keeps the city alive and attractive to the rest of the world. Located deep in the Thar desert, Jaisalmer is also known as the Golden City of India and as the gateway to the great Indian desert.

So if you are planning to visit Jaisalmer via flight, then you have to catch a Jodhpur airport to jaisalmer taxi which will cost like $50. So popular firms in Jodhpur or Jaisalmer who offer taxi from jodhpur to jaisalmer are Maharaja Cabs, Chetram, Voyages and Rajputana Cabs.

If you are in Jaisalmer, you just cannot miss visiting the Thar Desert for a camel safari tour of Jaisalmer. There are two different options for the desert safari. One is the jeep safari in jaisalmer which is for all those who don't want to ride on camel at sand dunes, which is awesome. For those who are interested in enjoying traditional way should ideally opt for the camel safari.

Camels are globally known as the ship of the desert, and they are the ones that take you through the rural desert life of Rajasthan on their backs.

The ideal place to start with the desert safari is from the Sam Sand Dunes, which is located around 45 km away from the city of Jaisalmer. Hop on to a camel which will take you through the crests and the troughs of the desert stretch that has scarce or no vegetation’s at all.The camel ride will cost you Rs 500 per person while the jeep safari will cost you Rs 1000 per person for a walk through the desert. The duration for the safari varies with camels and the jeeps. On the jeep, the safari is for one hour while on the camel, it is for two hours.

The sunset points of Sam

The sunset point at Sam Dunes is one of the star attractions of the desert safari in Jaisalmer. The camels and the sand dunes make for the perfect background for the sunset in the evening. It is aspectacle to behold, and if you want to capture your memories in your camera,that too looks just spectacular. Just like the sunset point in Sam, it is also well known as the sunrise point. If you stay back at the Sam sand dunes, you can catch both the sunset and the sunrise on the dunes for a great view of an event which is an everyday affair but can be a once in a lifetime memory for you.

If you stay put at one of the Sam sand dunes desert camps, you can also enjoy an evening program, after the sunset with bonfires and local folk dancers that perform the Kalbelia dance in the night in front of the Bonfire.

It is a once in a lifetime opportunity for sure,and you should not miss it by any chance when you are visiting Jaisalmer on a leisure trip.

Reuse and Recycle

An appeal through visuals to recycle our solid waste responsibly

Posted by Susan Sharma on June 18, 2016

Forum Post

"Mother earth is a temple, not a dustbin" screamed a notice board in a tea shop at Varkala beach, Kerala.  The plastic, thermocol, Styrofoam etc which we so carelessly throw away, finally lands up in the ocean, carried by rain, rivers etc.

The short video I put together on World Oceans Day,  portrays the simmering anger of the oceans through the incessant beating of the Dhol.

Watch it at

Oceans and Us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXDcWYK9_oI

When I write "plastic" and hit the search button on  http://IndianwildlifeClub.com, I get a few pages of results.  Here are a few random one liners from those results, which sum up our plastic malady.

"Major cause of floods was Mumbai’s plastic bags choking the city’s drainage system."

"Storm-water drains choked with ubiquitous plastic carry bags are partly responsible for Mumbai's woes."

"The Maharashtra government announced the decision to ban the use of plastic bags across the state after reviewing the situation."

"A landmark 1990 study by the research firm Franklin Associates—says

Plastic is not biodegradable, it litters our waterways and coastal areas, and has been shown to choke the life out of unsuspecting wildlife."

"The leather-back turtle feeds almost exclusively on jellyfish and cannot distinguish between plastic bags and jelly fish"

Fish and sea birds have been choking on plastic litter

And now, we have the Bengal tiger holding up a plastic cement bag left out near a water hole, as if to ask what am I supposed to do with this?

Watch this terrible episode we were witness to at the link

Sharmilee, Virat and Pandit - Corbett National Park 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkea2m2gJow

Let us empower the rag picker who helps recycle bio-degradable waste.

If we go by road to Corbett National Park, you have to pass a place called Kashipur.  Here, for miles at a stretch, we see plastic gunny bags, just like the one our tiger is carrying.  These are filled with more plastic and more bio degradable stuff.  They seem to be piled on the road sides for ever awaiting disposal/recycling. 

Empower the waste recycling factories and give them visibility before we drown ourselves in plastic waste.

Travel

Plan a road trip from New Delhi to Jaipur and Agra

Posted by Pratap Singh on May 20, 2016

Forum Post

So you from Delhi? And want to enjoy the most popular road trip of Golden Triangle? The check out our tips on how to plan a road trip from New Delhi to Jaipur and Agra.

Hire a car - When you have an adventurous bent of mind, a well-planned road trip can accentuate the travel enthusiast in you.  However, planning a road trip always involves friends in groups so that you can enjoy the trip at its best. If you want to enjoy a good road trip, it is better always to hire a good condition car from the local travel agency. For instance, if you are traveling from Delhi, get in touch with the local tour operator and select a well-maintained SUV or a big sedan car like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire or the Toyota Etios. No matter where you plan to visit, whether it is Jaipur or Agra, it will only take you around 4 to 5 hours of drive from Delhi.

So for Agra we suggest our guests to either go for a Same day Agra tour in a car like Dzire or Innova. And of you are traveling via train then you should contact a local car rental Agra operator.

Pink City Jaipur - It will take you 5 hours to drive to Jaipur from New Delhi. The best time to start driving is in the morning so that you can reach the Pink City by lunch hours. Have an excellent Rajasthani cuisine meal and retire for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening, it is time to explore the city at its best. Go for a "group night tour" at various interesting tourist destinations like the Hawa Mahal, City Palace and the Jantar Mantar, which are all in close vicinity to each other.

When in Jaipur, you just cannot miss visiting the magnificent Amber Fort. Located atop a hill, it is one o fthe most popular tourist destinations in Jaipur. Enjoy a superior light and sound show at the Amber Fort in the evening and finally reach the Choki Dhani at dinner time to enjoy yet another sumptuous Rajasthani cuisine that is simply mouthwatering in taste.

The next day, enjoy a trip to the Jaigarh Fort and also to the famous Jal Mahal. If you are fond of cultural programs, in the evening, you can also head towards the Samode Haveli for a fun filled and exciting cultural program. And with this you have now explored complete Jaipur with a nice Jaipur sightseeing Package.

Day 3 in Agra - Your next leisure destination is Agra, which can be traveled straight from Jaipur. The first place that you can visit once you reach Agra is the Taj Mahal. It is imperative to say that Taj stands tallest among all the remaining tourist spots in Agra. It is the only love memorial in the world that fetches people from different parts of the globe simply for a glimpse of the impressive structure.

Once you have soaked in the purity and the beauty of the Taj Mahal, you can head towards the Agra Fort, which is around 60 km away from the Taj Mahal. There are also the Akbar’s Tomb and the Mehtab Bagh, and the Ram Bagh that is worth exploring. Stay overnight at one of the hotels and in the morning visit Fatehpur Sikri for studying an excellent example of Mughal Empire luxurious life.

Once all these places are covered, your road trip from Delhi to Jaipur and Agra comes to an end in just four days.

Travel

A trip of Wildlife explorotation at Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary New Delhi

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 29, 2016

Forum Post
Me and my gand decided to share a story here at indianwildlifeclub.com that even is India's biggest urban city wildlife exists. Yes in New Delhi we might not have a big national park like Ranthambore Tiger Reserve but there are some green spaces which a wildlife lover might find attractive to visit.

So lets get started with Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary

At Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary one can escape the urbanest of New Delhi and see a large variety of birds and animals like 200+ species of birds, 100 butterflies species, jungle cat, jackals, blackbuck, nilgai and most popular & my favorite black-naped hare which is also referred as Indian hare.

Along with this there is CEC (Conservation Education Center) & Bombay Natural History Society has a small presentation for visitors which educate on Flora & Fauna of Arvalli and also teaches how to conserve it.

Most guests here which I noticed were families with small children and I also met with a family who run a nice hotel in south Delhi by the name of Hotel GTC who told us that this sanctuary is perfect for those who wants to educate their children about the importance of wildlife. Good thought.

We visited the Sanctuary in April which is pretty hot. So I will suggest that the best months to spend a day here is in Winters of New Delhi which are from the months of September to February. Plus I will also suggest to carry extra bottles of water as this is an eco-zone so you won't find much options of water bottles inside the park.

For travelers who are especially visiting Delhi to explore Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary, accommodation option nearby are Greater Kailash or Noida. And if you want any extra information then feel free to comment of share this post on Twitter along with @jsc_999, I will love to assist.

Eco-tour

An eco tour at Lohagarh Fort Resort Kukas Jaipur

Posted by Pratap Singh on April 25, 2016

Forum Post

In one of our previousposts here we shared that in Jaipur elephant safari has brought many travellersclose to the life of an elephant as after the ele-safari tour they came to knowabout a few thing on elephants which they would have never thought.

And todaywe just find out a eco-friendly resort near the elephant safari tour place bythe name of Lohagarh fort resort. Now we are writing about this resort as ithas proven that eco-tourism can be a real earning luxury business and they haveproved it.

Now Lohagarhfort resort is a 12-acre area which was previously dead part near Aravallihills (Kukas) and team Lohagarh invest their time and money to convert thiswaste land into lush green gardens. The first developed 5 cottages along with apool and restaurant which they later added 6 more cottages, 2 tree houses and afew Swiss tents and a nice bar.

Well youcan say that what’s the big deal? Now the big deal here is that none of thesecottages, tree house etc, has plastic and everything here is natural ororganic. Like the walls of the cottages is made up of white stone with low useof cement, not even a single interior or furniture has plastic or lead and theyhave created 80% of the resort as green zone, highest one can have in anyresort in Rajasthan.

So whenyou enter this place there is a cave like entry which is like 200-300 mts andleads you to their restaurant. From there you can see the pool and the treehouses. One thing which I really like that their pool have a shape of smalllake which is quite unique and the rope which they have added above is awesome.

The walklike 100 mts and you will find your cottages and a few mts ahead is their SwissTent. A walk of the complete resort will definitely shed a few pounds.

So do visit Lohagarh FortResort in Jaipur Rajasthan and do checkout their tree house and suites beforebooking them.