Rishikesh holds the title of the adventure capital of India. It offers multiple breathtaking adventures such as River Rafting, kayaking, paragliding, zipline, bungee jumping, cliff jumping, hot-air-ballooning and many others. But, do you know what is most
sought after adventure in Rishikesh? It's Rishikesh camping. Attracts thousands of tourists from all over India, camping in Rishikesh is now becoming a fad in India.
Situated in the lap of the Himalayas along with River Ganga on its side, Rishikesh is a serene place for camping having the natural surroundings. Camping in Rishikesh includes staying in camps, having buffet meals, enjoying a bonfire, dancing on music and
sharing tales with friends.
You can either choose to stay in deluxe or swiss camps or swiss cottages.
Best Camps to stay in Rishikesh:
While Rishikesh has more than 250 campsites but only a few are worth staying. Below is the list of 10 popular campsites in Rishikesh:
- Nature Valley - The jungle camp
- Paddler Zone, Shivpuri
- Camp Crossfire - Have a view of Gange's
- Aspen Camps - If Luxury Camping is what you need
- Panchvati Cottages - Stay in Ethnic Cottages
- Aqua Forest Camps - Riverside camp stay
- Camp Wildex Rishikesh - The most affordable camp
- Camp Feel Factor - With Multiple Activities
- Shivasheesh Camps - The Forest Camp
- Moonlight Camps - Near to Waterfall
Want more, here is the fulls list of top camps in Rishikesh!
Best Timings For Camping in Rishikesh:
Camping in Rishikesh is operational round the year except in the rainy season(August & September). But the time to enjoy camping activity is different for different seasons.
For Summer, the best time is from February - June
For Winters, the best time is from October - December
Types of Camping in Rishikesh:
Camping in Rishikesh has many categories, you'll witness a range of camping options:
- Jungle Camping in Rishikesh
- Riverside Camping
- Beachside Camping
- Luxury Camping
- Adventure Camping
- Camping in Rishikesh with Rafting
Cost of Camping in Rishikesh:
The price of camping ranges as per the types and facilities at campsites:
||₹ 990 - 1490
||₹ 1390 - 2099
||₹ 1800 - 3200
||₹ 1600 - 4000
Tips For Camping in Rishikesh:
Camping in Rishikesh is a widely popular activity, so here are some tips from local of Rishikesh to help you plan your Rishikesh camping trip smoothly.
- It is better to book your camping trip some days in advance to remain hassle-free.
- Carry a sweatshirt as temperature goes down at night.
- Always follow the instructions of guide in Rafting session.
- Carry Sunglasses, sunscreen and small first aid box.
- Do not indulge in Rafting adventure while in the influence of alcohol.
How To Reach Rishikesh:
By air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the closest airport to Rishikesh at a distance of 35 km. Book a cab from the airport to Rishikesh. Also, you can opt for the Uttarakhand Roadways buses that ply from the bus stand close to
the railway station.
By train: Haridwar Railway Station is the nearest railhead to Rishikesh at a distance of 25 km. There are a number of buses and taxis running from Haridwar to Rishikesh.
By bus: Rishikesh is well connected with the nearby places which include Delhi. The 6-7 hour journey is connected by NH 58 and makes for an excellent driving path.