Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary near Bassi in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, India.
5 kilometers from the Bassi Fort Palace.
1.5 hours of small journey from nearest Airport Maharana Pratap Air Port , Dabok , udaipur
It covers an area of 15,290 hectares and was established in 1988.
It has series of tableland, gentle slopes and vast stretches of large lakes, water channels of which penetrate into the forest.
Placed itself at the backdrop of lush green forests of Vindhyachal ranges, it is a noticeable wild life protection place, providing a natural habitat for varied species of wild life.
Orai dam and Bassi dam form part of this nice wildlife sanctuary. Antelopes, Leopards, mongoose and wild boar are some of animals inhabit the sanctuary.
Many migratory birds are spotted in the seasons.
No doubt, it’s a haven for wildlife enthusiasts.
Our one day experience to sanctuary was mind blogging ..as per photography level it was quite challenging that day because of heavy clouds..
01. Rock Eagle Owl or Bengal Eagle Owl (Bubo bengalensis)
02. Lesser Golden-backed Woodpecker (Dinopium benghalense )
03. Savanna Nightjar, Caprimulgus affinis...ID nor confirmed..
04. Indian Pitta, Pitta brachyura
05. Jungle cat (Felis chaus)
06. Blue Bull
07. White-eyed Buzzard (Butastur teesa)
08. Painted Spurfowl (Galloperdix lunulata)
09. Black Francolin, Francolinus francolinus
10. Black-headed Cuckoo-shrike (Coracina melanoptera)
11. Asian Paradise-flycatcher (Terpsiphone paradisi)
12. Oriental White-eye, Zosterops palpebrosus
13. Knob-billed Duck (Sarkidiornis melanotos)
14. Lesser Whistling Duck
15. Painted Stork (Mycteria leucocephala)
16. Asian Openbill Stork, Anastomus oscitans
17. Asian Brown Flycatcher, Muscicapa dauurica
18. Golden Oriole (Oriolus oriolus)
19. Rufous Treepie (Dendrocitta vagabunda)
20. Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia)
21. Red-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus cafer)
22. Shikra (Accipiter badius)
23. Sparrowhawk (Accipiter nisus)
24. Chestnut-bellied Sandgrouse, Pterocles exustus
25. Brown Fish-owl (Bubo zeylonensis or Ketupa zeylonensis)
22. Oriental Honey Buzzard, Pernis ptilorhynchus
23. Crested Serpent Eagle (Spilornis cheela)
24. Plum-headed Parakeet (Psittacula cyanocephala)
25. Rose-ringed Parakeet (Psittacula krameri)
26. Indian Peafowl or Blue Peafowl (Pavo cristatus)
27. Rufous-tailed Lark (Ammomanes phoenicura)
28. Common Kingfisher, Alcedo atthis
29. White-throated Kingfisher (Halcyon smyrnensis)
30. Black Drongo (Dicrurus macrocercus)
31. Spotted Owlet (Athene brama)
& ETC ETC ETC...
Last not least KING OF SAARNA( LEOPARD) from Rishiraj Deval...
For snaps from sanctuary plz look at the link bellow
For more details on BASSI WILDLIFE SANCTUARY plz call shri Rishiraj Deval ..his cell no. are +91 7891100000
Regards & regrets for mistakes
with many more to explore yet..